Friday 22 November 2013

Evaluation of my poster.



This is my final poster. After sending my poster to Mr Ford my media teacher, he gave me feedback to improve it. The following things were stated.
- Make sure the band name is properly in the centre
- Also make the Date a focal point of the poster. For individuality.
- Ensure that the record logo is the right size in proportion to the poster itself.
- The most major change from that of my draft was that of the blue stripes on the poster as I was told to move it from the centre to up to the top of the page.
- Finally I was told to make the writing at the bottom of the page onto one line.

I worked on both my poster and my digipak at the same time. I intended to do this due to the fact that I thought it would help with trying to link the two products together and also benefit my element of continuity the two pieces.

On both my poster and my linking digipak I used the same image of the blue striped lines. But is used them in a variety of ways, for example as you can see on my poster I hung the image underneath the 'Empire Colours' text. But on the other hand I just used the image on my digipak own with a black background, this felt would help the element of continuity but also have some variety to it so both pieces didn't look exactly the same.

Overall I was very pleased with my final poster as a part of my advertising campaign for my album. I took on board all the feedback that I received from different personal. This was allowed to happen due to the fact that I went into the production of my poster with a very open mind. I believe this sort of mind-set has helped me immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment