Friday 22 November 2013

Evaluation of my Digpak.


This is my final Digipak.  After sending my poster to Mr Ford my media teacher, he gave me feedback to improve it. The following things were stated.
- In my draft the front cover was that of the blue stripe image that I created, after receiving feedback, it was clear that my opinion was different to everyone else's as people believed it would be better to have the title of the album and the band name on the front cover and have the blue striped image on the inside left of my cover.
- Also the writing on the spine was a bit too far up, and the feedback notified me to lower it slightly. So it look centralised.
- Resize the barcode as it looks out of sync with rest of the digipak.

Overall I believe my digipak came out fairly well as I stuck with a colour scheme of black blue and white which was also my colour scheme on my album poster, this gave the advertising campaign a element of continuity.  My aim for the digipak was for it too look slick and fresh where ever it was going to be placed. I believe personally that I achieved this as I am happy with the finished product.

During the production of this digipak I believe that I have learnt much about advertising in the music industry. One of the most vital things I have learnt is that of you MUST hit and please your target market as this is who will be buying it.

Doing a number of drafts and alternating the colour scheme, the layout and the style really helped when deciding which looked best. I went with the idea of try it and see what it looks like, this way I believe you can get a real sense of what everything looks like when you put it all together.



No comments:

Post a Comment